Current job vacancies are listed below, along with closing dates if applicable. If you would like to apply please download an application form, complete it and return to the address below.
Sturts Community Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to obtain Enhanced Disclosure and Baring Service Disclosures.
Download the application form here: (Microsoft Word docx version) or (Adobe PDF version) - application forms should be completed by hand. Unless stated otherwise in the job advert, completed application forms should be sent to Amy Mcintosh, Sturts Community Trust, Three Cross Road, West Moors, Ferndown, Dorset BH22 0NF
We also have some information for prospective employees about life and work at Sturts Community Trust.
Current Vacancies are detailed below:
Farm Shop Assistant - Gullivers Farm, Shop & Kitchen
Award Winning Farm Shop & Café is looking to appoint a sales assistant 37.5 hours per week. The successful applicant will have a passion for customer service and a love of organic, home-made, home grown local food. You will work within a busy and energetic environment alongside a committed and fun team and be involved in supporting to enable companions to become as independent as possible and to grow in confidence, competence and personal effectiveness. We pride ourselves in retailing great local & organic food in a friendly atmosphere. offering exceptional customer service and food hygiene.
As this is a customer facing role, high standards of customer service and food hygiene are required as well as the ability to work as part of the team and be flexible in your duties to meet the needs of the busy Farm Shop & Cafe.
You would ideally have previous experience working in a busy fresh food retail environment. There will be weekend working and the applicant would need to show that they can be flexible. Some experience of stock ordering/EPOS and merchandising of fresh food departments would be beneficial but not essential. For the right person there is always opportunities to learn new skills and progress to supervisor/duty manager positions. Please check that you can travel to our location in West Moors, Dorset BH22 0JG before you apply. Thank you.
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary: £15,015 - £16,009.5
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to work as a team
Required desired experience skills and qualifications
• Level 2 Food Safety in Catering Certificate
• Food Preparation in a retail environment
Please consider the following when making your application:
• We occasionally close vacancies early in the event we receive a high volume of applications. Therefore, we recommend you apply early
• Ensure you have an up-to-date CV
Duties & Responsibilities
Gullivers Farm Shop is a unique business, you will share in the responsibilities of ownership as well as its rewards. Partners in the business deliver this through the following commitments:
- Taking responsibility for our business success - We take responsibility to deliver the right experience for all customers and generate profits for us all to share
- Building relationships powered by our principles -We build relationships based on honesty, respect and encouragement. We expect these behaviours of each other and demonstrate them at all times
You will be working as part of the Farm Shop & Cafe team on the beautiful Gullivers Farm to deliver fantastic customer service to customers and the Sturts Community Trust community within the hospitality space of the farm, shop & cafe.
This role will primarily be in the shop & café, coffee making, food handling, preparation with excellent standards of service and hygiene are expected.
As a selling assistant in the shop you will be engaging with customers, serving, making high quality coffee, replenishing stock, housekeeping and operating the tills to provide an excellent all-round unique experience.
In both aspects of the role you are expected to represent the Gullivers Farm Shop brand as well as our amazing customer service reputation.
Duties include -
• All duties and responsibilities of a farm shop team member.
• Taking orders and serving food and drink in a busy Coffee Shop
• Making sure customers leave with a positive lasting impression through excellent customer service.
• You will have the ability to carry out tasks quickly and efficiently.
• Establish and maintain a positive work environment with all departments.
• Comply with all company and legal health and safety practices.
• Open and close farm shop according to company procedures.
Salary £16,000 (based on a 37.5 hour week including evenings, weekends and sleep-ins)
Senior Support Worker
We offer a salary of £18,500 per year (based on a 37.5 hour week including evenings, weekends and sleep-ins)
Part Time Support Worker
Salary £16,000 pro-rata (based on a 37.5 hour week including evenings, weekends and sleep-ins)
Bank Support Worker
Experienced support workers to join our bank staff team to provide individualised person-centred support to people with learning difficulties living in supported housing.
The qualities/skills required include:
- A warm, person-centred approach and ability to positively engage with people with learning difficulties
- Good verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Good written communication skills, with the ability to positively contribute to a record keeping system
- Ability to work positively as part of a team and flexibility to work on a rota
- Experience of providing support to people with learning difficulties or other support needs
- NVQ 2/3 (or willingness to work towards) or other social care qualification preferred
- Willingness to undertake mandatory training in line with our CQC compliance
- Open and enquiring outlook with a willingness to uphold the Camphill ethos is essential
START DATE: ongoing recruitment
If you are interested and would like an informal conversation, please contact us at:
Or call us on 01202 854762