Current job vacancies are listed below, along with closing dates if applicable. If you would like to apply please download an application form, complete it and return to the address below.
Sturts Community Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to obtain Enhanced Disclosure and Baring Service Disclosures.
Download the application form here: (Microsoft Word docx version) or (Adobe PDF version) – application forms should be completed by hand. Unless stated otherwise in the job advert, completed application forms should be sent to Amy Mcintosh, Sturts Community Trust, Three Cross Road, West Moors, Ferndown, Dorset BH22 0NF
We also have some information for prospective employees about life and work at Sturts Community Trust.
If you would like more details of these advertised roles please contact us: email [email protected] or telephone 01202 854762.
CURRENT VACANCIES ARE DETAILED BELOW:
BANK SUPPORT WORKER
Experienced support workers to join our bank staff team to provide individualised person-centred support to people with learning difficulties living in supported housing. The hourly rate for bank staff is £8.89
The qualities/skills required include:
- A warm, person-centred approach and ability to positively engage with people with learning difficulties
- Good verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Good written communication skills, with the ability to positively contribute to a record keeping system
- Ability to work positively as part of a team and flexibility to work on a rota
- Experience of providing support to people with learning difficulties or other support needs
- NVQ 2/3 (or willingness to work towards) or other social care qualification preferred
- Willingness to undertake mandatory training in line with our CQC compliance
- Open and enquiring outlook with a willingness to uphold the Camphill ethos is essential
START DATE: ongoing recruitment
If you are interested and would like an informal conversation, please contact us at:
Or call us on 01202 854762
Gullivers Farm, Shop & Kitchen
Are you a Chef looking for a quality work life balance creating great food whilst joining a charity that invests in its people, recognises great work when they see it and provides plenty of opportunities for career growth? Then look no further because here at Gullivers we know that when people are happy and satisfied it shines through!
At Gullivers we believe a successful career starts with passion, creativity and positivity. As one big family, our people are proud of what we do, we offer career opportunities and the chance to work across many different sectors.
We are looking for a Chef to join a dynamic, forward thinking team to support our Head Chef. We need an enthusiastic, talented and most importantly friendly chef to join our team team and prepare delicious, seasonal meals for our customers.
Chef responsibilities include studying recipes, setting up menus and preparing high-quality dishes. You should be able to delegate tasks to kitchen staff to ensure meals are prepared in a timely manner. You’ll be cooking with the best ingredients creating imaginative dishes.
If you have experience with advanced cooking techniques and non-traditional ingredients, we’d like to meet you.
- Sociable Hours
- Opportunity to grow
- Pension Contribution
- Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate
- NVQ Level 1-3 Cooking
- 2+ years’ experience
- Leadership skills
- Hands on experience
- Proven work experience as a chef or Cook
- Excellent time management abilities.
- Familiarity with hygiene regulations
- Ability to remain calm whilst undertaking main tasks
All CV’s to be emailed to [email protected] (Closing Date: 10/06/2021 @ 12:00pm)