What We Do:
Supporting people in their own homes, working to promote the uniqueness of each individual and foster self-reliance, personal responsibility, and citizenship. Allowing freedom of choice to develop individual skills and interests is a core principle.
Download our Information Pack:
The Social Care Committment
We've made the social care commitment: We've made the Social Care Commitment
How We Do It:
The Supported Living at Sturts Community Trust is committed to:
- Making each individual feel respected and involved in agreeing the support they need.
- Giving clear information about the care and support each individual receives and how they can make changes.
- Giving clear information in an understandable format regarding the cost of support.
- Keeping people safe by assessing needs, planning care and making adjustments to reflect individual's needs, values and diversity.
- Supporting healthy lifestyles by using fresh produce and choice of diet.
- Working together with other providers to give increased choice and access to other health and social care services they may need.
- Safeguarding people from abuse.
- Keeping the living environment pleasing and clean.
- Giving medication at the right time and in a safe way.
- Creating safe and accessible surroundings that promote well-being.
- Following safe recruitment practices.
- Recruiting appropriately qualified staff and supplying them with development opportunities. Offering training, supervision and support they need to care for others in a warm and positive manner.
- Develop a statement of purpose along with individuals that is reviewed annually.
- Assessing and monitoring the quality of the service it provides.
- Encouraging feedback and the raising of concerns which are listened to and acted on effectively.
- Working together with and notifying statutory bodies about key events that affect the service.
- Keeping records safe in accordance with data protection act.
- Promoting strong leadership and management in guiding the organisation and keeping it financially secure.
CQC Registration Information:
If you require any further information about our supported living provision please contact us.